Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lucky Rabbit

So this is our new pet...Lucky.

When we were at the Olympic Game Farm a few weeks ago, there were TONS of bunnies everywhere. Kaylyn loved them of course, and wanted to take one home. Since we weren't too keen on taking a wild rabbit home with us, we decided to try to find one when we got back home.

I have to admit, I was quite opposed to getting a bunny. We already have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a fish...and now a bunny? Plus I had NO IDEA how to care for a bunny, what it would need, how much they cost, etc. But...as you know...what Kaylyn wants, Daddy gets.

So we adopted Lucky from the Humane Society. Lucky and his 5 siblings were abandoned in a park when they were babies, were rescued and brought to the Humane Society. He is about 4 months old now and loves to come out of his cage to get a treat, be petted, and run around the playroom like a crazy animal.

Lucky was the last one left of his litter. As Kaylyn tries to say, "He was the first one next!"...meaning "He was the last one left." Why he wasn't adopted sooner, I don't know -- I can't imagine a bunny cuter and sweeter than Lucky!

Kaylyn also says that she picked the best bunny there. And Chris and I would agree with that. We love Lucky. :-)















No comments:

Post a Comment