Friday, August 28, 2009

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A

We've recently joined the Y that just opened about 10 minutes from our house. It is SO COOL!

I've worked out every day this week, taking the kids with me and dropping them off at the Kids Corner. They get to play and make crafts while I get to work out! YAHOO!

So far I've limited my workout time to 30 minutes, since they both still cry every time I leave them. It's so sad, but I know in the long run it will be good for them. Especially since Kaylyn starts preschool in a couple of weeks, I think it's good practice. Hopefully after they get more used to it I can increase my workouts...and maybe even get a massage!

Then after my workout, I take the kids down to the basketball court, which is usually empty. The kids take ALL the basketballs off the rack and throw them around the room. It's great fun, and gives them something to look forward to after being "left behind" by Mommy.

On the way home today, Kaylyn said she wanted to go back to the Y.

"Mommy, we need to go back to the Y. That's our home now."

Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment