Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The cold bug

So not only did our weather go from 90 degrees to rainy and 60 in just a matter of days, but we also got hit with...the cold bug.

We've been so healthy for what seemed like a long time. Then Kaylyn got sick last Thursday...then Jack got a runny nose on Saturday...then I woke up Sunday feeling like I got hit by a truck...and now all 3 of us just seem to be in "cold limbo."

I think Kaylyn coughed on me ALL NIGHT LONG, but it's amazing how her energy level doesn't seem to be the slightest bit affected. And I thought Jack was fine, then as I was feeding him breakfast he started coughing! And last night before bed I felt pretty good, then slept horrible and woke up feeling horrible again. Ugh.

I'm definitely blaming the weather however. How do you go from 90 to 60 that fast? Talk about a shock to our systems.

And I think Kaylyn is very confused. She wanted to watch Christmas movies all weekend long. She must think Christmas is just around the corner.

What really irks me about the weather is that as I was looking for a sweatshirt for Jack to wear, I found a whole stack of shorts that someone had given me that I FORGOT about! I only had about 4 pairs of shorts for him this whole summer, so I was constantly washing them or letting him wear them dirty. And now that it's cold and rainy I have all these shorts that he probably won't even get to wear! Oh I'm so annoyed with myself.

So please, someone send our warm weather back. It doesn't have to be 90 again, but low 80's would be great. We'd like to say bye-bye to the cold bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment