Friday, July 10, 2009

Sweet Cheeks

Jack has a few nicknames in our house.

The first being Godzilla. See http://theupdykes.blogspot.com/2009/01/godzilla-attacks.html for further explanation. ("Godzilla NO! Oh, the baby!" I never get tired of watching that video.)

His second nickname is Gila. This is the name we call him on a daily basis. Because, well, he is a Gila Monster. (And yes, I know it's pronounced "Hee-la" but it's much more fun calling him "Gee-la".) When Kaylyn and I go to another room and Jack follows us, Kaylyn yells, "The GILA! The GILA! Mommy SAVE ME!!!" It's too damn funny.

But my more endearing nickname for my boy is Sweet Cheeks. Because he has the SWEETEST cheeks in the world! Seriously, they are so soft. He really has the softest skin imaginable -- it's really not fair. And those DIMPLES. Oh my gosh, I just want to eat him up! I probably kiss those cheeks at least 500 times a day.

So a few weeks ago I was kissing his cheeks (as usual) and I noticed they kinda smelled funny. Each day I noticed this, but couldn't figure out why they smelled.

Then it dawned on me. So you know how you can do a "breath test" by licking the back of your hand? Well, I realized that I had been kissing his cheeks so much that it was MY fault his cheeks smelled so bad. Guess I should brush my teeth more often. But I just can't resist those Sweet Cheeks!

So if you ever notice Jack's face smells a little funny, now you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment