Then we went to "Allana's" and got Happy Meals, came home, ate, then we all took a nap. Jack a very long one -- almost 4 hours long! Sometimes he does that, I think he must be gearing up for a growth spurt or something.
I decided that I had had enough of watching cartoons, so I finally watched the season finale of Desperate Housewives that I've been saving on my DVR.
Then after bath time I took the kids over to Karen's condo to watch the fireworks down at Coulon Park. Karen always puts out this bowl of candy for the kids. Of course they went running over to it to pick out their pieces. Jack will only eat lollipops. Kaylyn's a bit more adventurous and will try just about anything
Once it got dark enough and the fireworks started, we went outside on the deck to watch them. Jack was completely mesmerized by them, saying "Whoa! Gaw! Ooooh!" all of his sounds that mean he's excited. Kaylyn kept saying, "It's like at Disneyland! Is Tinkerbell down there?! I'd like to go to Disneyland sometime."
Once it got dark enough and the fireworks started, we went outside on the deck to watch them. Jack was completely mesmerized by them, saying "Whoa! Gaw! Ooooh!" all of his sounds that mean he's excited. Kaylyn kept saying, "It's like at Disneyland! Is Tinkerbell down there?! I'd like to go to Disneyland sometime."
So after the fireworks were over we headed back home to go to bed. However I found it next to impossible to fall asleep with the house being so hot....Kaylyn lying on top of me, making me even hotter...the fireworks that are still being set off... and this killer pain in my wrist that makes doing anything impossible, even sleeping. Will someone please call me on Monday to remind me to call my hand surgeon and make an appointment? Thank you!
So, like I said, nothing really too exciting. Pretty much like any other day of my lonely isolated life. Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM, and wouldn't trade that for anything. But it'd sure be nice to have some sort of social life too, you know? It's pretty sad to not have anywhere to go on a holiday because your husband is working 6 a.m. one day to 2 p.m. the next. Oh well, I guess I should just think of it like any other day...
Jack admiring the next lollipop he plans to eat. At this point I removed his top since I did want him to sleep in those jammies.
Kaylyn showing off her Tootsie Pop
I LOVE this picture of Jack laughing! He is such a ham!!
Just concentratin' on that sucker...
It's pictures like this one where I see her in a different light. She look so grown up, like she's getting ready to enter into a new phase.
Here is the bowl of candy that is left out for us to devour.
Sorry Jack, but you need to take the wrapper off first.
Double fisting it.
After this lick, Kaylyn will hand me her lollipop because she doesn't like it. Too bad, so sad!
Still double fisting it!
He seemed to prefer the green one.
Kaylyn wanted the little chicky to enjoy the fireworks too.
This was the best shot I could get of the fireworks. I know there is some special setting to take fireworks pictures but i haven't read far enough into my book to find out. Darn.
So next year my mom promised me that she would watch the kids and my dad and I could go out and watch one of the fireworks shows. I'm going to keep her to that promise. Next year I won't be such a LOSER staying home like this.
Hey sweetie. I don't think you're a loser. It is nice to hear how you are doing in one of these posts. And also, I love you. Happy 4th. This business is just going to get easier and easier.
ReplyDeleteWow love the view from your place! Are you up in the highlands? Just beautiful =) Happy 4th!
ReplyDeleteJulia, it's actually my twin sister's condo! I used to live there, before Chris and I got married, then Karen bought from me. It's actually the condos right across from Liberty Ridge...I'm blanking on the name...doh! They do have a nice view there.
ReplyDeleteSyd, I'm glad you don't think I'm a loser. I sure feel like one a lot of the time though! I think I'm just in a funk right now... Love you!
Is it the Brighton Ridge condo's? I'm in Liberty ridge, man I wish we had a view like that! But thought I recognized the area =)
ReplyDeleteNo, it's Vantage Point condos, next to Brighton Ridge (I had to ask my sister today, it was driving me nuts I couldn't remember! I only lived there for 4 years....jeesh!). It is a nice view, I wish we had a view from our house too. Of course, I also wished we lived in Liberty Ridge!!
ReplyDelete