So it's been a while since I've given an update on our potty training adventure! It's been going soooooo well!!! In fact, I'd even say that Kaylyn is POTTY TRAINED...as long as we are at home, that is.
We've been doing the "bare butt" potty training for several weeks now. She is doing fantastic. Only one accident in the very beginning, but other than that she pees and poops in the potty and just does it on her own with very little assistance. "YAHOOEY!"
So now we are trying to make the adjustment from "bare butt" to "covered butt." Because of course I can't have a naked kid running around town. But as soon as she has anything on (pull-ups, panties, pants, etc) suddenly her potty training goes the way of the doh-doh bird.
HOWEVER!!! We did have a huge success today at Costco! We had been shopping for quite a while when Kaylyn said she needed to go potty. I thought for sure she had already gone in her pull-up, or would before we got to the bathroom, but we ran to the bathroom anyway. To my great surprise, she was still dry AND she used the potty! So I'm hoping we are finally making progress to "public" potty training as well. And crossing my fingers that we just bought our last box of pull-ups...we spend so much money on diapers in this house!
Today she was also so cute -- she sat on the potty and started singing the Huggies Pull-Ups song, "I'm a big kid now!" I'm sure you all know the tune. It was just so priceless. So I had her sing it for the video camera (which by the way, sorry for the lack of videos lately....I couldn't find my video camera...finally found it where I usually put it, on the kitchen counter. Doh!).
And just for warning, there is brief nudity in this video (I did mention we've been doing the naked potty training thing, right?!). And I don't know what's up with the "possessed dancing" either...that's something new she's been doing lately. Crazy girl!
OMG that is the cutest! Love the potty dance =) Glad Thomas is not the only one that goes crazy with a dance after going potty...lol!
ReplyDeleteHere's to no more diapers...woo hoo!
It's like a potty mosh pit :D
ReplyDelete