Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Smell smoke?

There was a spectacular apartment fire in Renton last night. The smoke plume was seen from many miles away. Thankfully the apartments were still being built so no one was hurt.

Of course I had to head out in the car and join the hundreds of spectators. I caught some pretty cool pictures.



Karen called us a little after 8:00 to tell us about the fire. We had our blinds closed and when we opened them we were pretty shocked to see all the smoke. This was the view from the street outside Karen's condo.



This was right at the police tape.



Hot, smokey espresso anyone?



I walked down to the elementary school playground which was quite a bit closer to the fire. We were all still keeping out distance however...it was HOT.



I love this shot of all the fire hoses at work, and the firemen running. There were a lot of big pieces of building collapsing all around them.



I think this is my favorite shot. This building used to be a vet clinic, but luckily they had moved out a while ago. The flames are just amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow great pics of the fire! I am so glad you shared with the group =) I too am a blogger and had a peak at your wonderful blog...beautiful pics! You really are a talented photographer, just gorgeous!
    Cheers
    Julia

    ReplyDelete