We made it back home safely yesterday. We were very excited to see the kids, and I think the feeling was mutual. We could hear Kaylyn screaming "MOMMY AND DADDY!!!! MOMMY AND DADDY!!!!" from outside when we pulled up. Jack's been very clingy and wants to be with me all the time, which is just perfectly fine with me!
Kaylyn was sitting in my lap last night and says to me, "Mommy, I'm so glad you're here with me!" So sweet! And of course she snuggled up to Chris all night while we slept (which was great because I had 1/2 of the bed to myself!).
And Jack's eye looks very good. I'm sure it helped having "Nurse Grammy" here to take care of him. It's still a little black and blue, but the wound itself looks great. And he just sits there so still when I have to clean it and put the ointment on. He's walking even better than he was when we left. He does this little "mummy" walk, with his arms straight out and his legs all bowed out. It's so funny!
I'll post some pictures from our trip in a day or two, once we've all fully recovered. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment