Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leaving for Vegas

In a couple of days, Chris and I are leaving for Vegas. This will be my first time away from the kids -- and the kids' first time away from both of us.

We've been trying to explain to Kaylyn for the past several days that we're going to be leaving, to "prepare" her as much as we can. I think she's going to be just fine -- I think it's ME who is really the one that needs the preparation.

So yesterday I was explaining to her that we were going to be leaving in a few days:

Mommy: "Kaylyn, so you know Daddy and I are going to be going to Vegas in a few days, right?"
Kaylyn: "I'm coming too?"
Mommy: "No, you and Jackie are staying home. But guess who's going to come and stay with you?!"
Kaylyn: "Grammy and Poppa?"
Mommy: "Yep, that's right! Grammy and Poppa are going to come here and take care of you while we are gone. Won't that be fun?"
Kaylyn: "Yeah! You guys can leave NOW!"

Yeah...so I think she's going to be ok for a few days without us.

1 comment: