Thursday, March 5, 2009

Potty training

I'm sure every parent will agree with me when I say potty training has its ups and downs, its good days and its bad days. It certainly can be a long process. Some days they get it, and some days they don't.

But days like today just make me smile. Kaylyn REALLY loves wearing pull-ups. Especially the ones with Ariel on them. We got some new ones yesterday at Costco (the next size up, so the design is different from her old ones). Boy has she been excited about these new "panties." She wouldn't even let me put her pants on yesterday because she wanted to be able to "see her panties."

So this morning she insisted that she get to wear her new Ariel panties. I told her she could wear them, but I didn't want her to pee or poop in them. She promised me she wouldn't.

About 20 minutes ago she comes running over to me. "Mommy! I need to poop!!" I run her into the bathroom. She says, "I can't poop or pee in my panties!!" I said, "That's right -- let's get them off so you can go in the toilet." So I give her some "privacy" and stand outside the bathroom. A couple minutes later she says: "Mommy! I took a BIG poop in the toilet!" Sure enough, she had!

I praised her for going in the toilet, cleaned her up, and she flushed the toilet. But the best part was when she came over to me, gave me a huge hug, and said: "I'm SO proud!! And I give you a BIG hug!! And a BIG kiss!!"

Yes, Kaylyn sweetie, you should be proud! And I'm sure proud too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment