Kaylyn hates to go to bed. She'll do just about anything to stall you from having to go to sleep. Unfortunately our "great system" of getting her to sleep in her own bed has backfired, so we're taking a break from it and letting her sleep with us again.
So here was our conversation last night, full of her stalling techniques:
Kaylyn: "What's this?"
Mommy: "Our new blanket. Grammy and Poppa brought it to us."
Kaylyn: "Grammy Lori and Pop-Pop Dan?"
Mommy: "No, Grammy and Poppa, Mommy's parents. Grammy Lori and Pop-Pop Dan are Daddy's parents."
Kaylyn: (concerned) "Where are my parents?"
Mommy: (laughing) "Mommy and Daddy are you parents! We made you, isn't that cool?"
Kaylyn: (relieved) "Oohhhh!"
Mommy: "We're Jack's parents too. And the baby in Mommy's belly parents too."
Kaylyn: "I want to kiss the baby." she kisses and hugs my belly "One more kiss...I love you baby! Good night!"
a few minutes later...
Kaylyn: "I want Daddy to sleep with me too."
Mommy: "He will sleep with us, when he gets home."
Kaylyn: "Where is he?"
Mommy: "Daddy's at work."
Kaylyn: "Daddy's tired. He's tired of working. He's really tired of working."
Mommy: "Yes, I'm sure he is! It's been a long day for Daddy."
Kaylyn: "Mommy, sing me a song."
Mommy:"What song do you want me to sing?"
Kaylyn: "The cow and the dish."
Mommy: "Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle..." etc "Ok, now you sing me a song."
Kaylyn: "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder where you are. Good night Mommy." kiss
Mommy: "Good night sweetie."
a few minutes later...
Kaylyn: "What's that sound?"
Mommy: "It's a cat."
Kaylyn: "She's eating?"
Mommy: "Yep."
Kaylyn: "Why?"
Mommy: "She's hungry."
a cat jumps on the bed...
Kaylyn: "Shoo! Shoo!!... I shooed the cat away. I don't want the cats on my bed."
Mommy: "Good job. Ok, time to sleep."
a few minutes later...
Kaylyn: "What's that sound?"
Mommy: "It's a cat."
Kaylyn: "The cat's moving the bowl."
Mommy: "Yep."
a few minutes later...
Kaylyn: "Can you get me a little bit of milk?"
Mommy: "Nope, time to go to sleep."
Kaylyn: "What's that sound?"
Mommy: "A cat."
Kaylyn: "The cat is drinking water."
Mommy: "Yep."
Kaylyn: "He's thirsty."
Mommy: "Yep. Ok, time to sleep Kaylyn."
a few minutes later...
Kaylyn: "What's that sound?"
Mommy: "I don't know. A cat?"
Kaylyn: "No."
Mommy: "A car?"
Kaylyn: "No."
Mommy: "Then I don't know what it is Kaylyn. What is it?"
Kaylyn: "Ummmm....maybe....I don't know!"
Mommy: "Well, what did it sound like?"
she starts hitting the bed with her hand
Mommy: "Oooh, you're hearing the clock ticking, the clock on the wall.
Kaylyn: "The clock on the wall? I can't see it!"
Mommy: "Well it's right over there."
Kaylyn: "Why?"
Mommy: "So we can tell the time. Now go to sleep."
Kaylyn: "Good night Mommy. I love you." kisses
I bet she would love a bedtime story book. You always loved a story read to you. Love. Grammy
ReplyDelete