When we found out we were pregnant the 2nd time around with a boy, I had these visions of a baby that looked just like Kaylyn, just with a "boy" part. And one that would act just like her, and we'd go through the same experiences as we did with Kaylyn. I just assumed the 2nd kid would be just the same as the first... But boy, was I wrong. Our two kids couldn't be more opposite if we had tried to plan it that way.
For example: swim lessons. Kaylyn started swim lessons the day she turned 10 months old. She LOVED it from day one. She never cried, never hesitated -- she is a little fish! So I couldn't wait to get Jack into lessons, since I was sure he was going to love it too.
Well, last night was Jack's first lesson. He cried. He screamed. He clung to me. The entire time. He cried all the way home in the car. I felt awful. And disappointed. But, not really surprised...I should have known.
So here is my long list of things where Kaylyn and Jack are complete opposites:
Kaylyn: spitting image of Mommy
Jack: spitting image of Daddy
Kaylyn: loved bottles, hated boob
Jack: hates bottles, loves boob
Kaylyn: hated pacifiers
Jack: can't go 5 minutes without one
Kaylyn: had to be rocked to sleep for an hour
Jack: put in crib wide awake, asleep in 5 minutes
Kaylyn: never put things in her mouth
Jack: EVERYTHING goes in his mouth
Kaylyn: walked at 9 months
Jack: started crawling at 9 months
Kaylyn: daddy's girl
Jack: mama's boy
Kaylyn: grammy's girl
Jack: Poppa's boy
Kaylyn: picky eater
Jack: will eat anything (including toilet paper)
Kaylyn: would run around naked in the snow if we'd let her
Jack: needs to be bundled up when it's 80 degrees out
And I'm sure there's more...I'll add when I think of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment