Monday, January 5, 2009

Funny sayings

Kaylyn never ceases to amaze us with her vocabulary. Especially now when she puts things in complete sentences, or says something that just makes me think "how did she come up with that?" or "how in the world did she know that?!?"

Here are my favorites from the past couple of months...

Lying in bed...
"Mommy, I want to snuggle you in my arms."

Looking at a picture of my sister's new puppy...
"Ahhhh, it's Minnie...she's so CUTE! I love her."

When she sees her little brother in the morning...
"Hi little man...are you waking up?"

When we brought our Christmas tree inside...
"Turn it on guys!" (obviously she didn't know that Christmas trees don't come with the lights already on them, unless maybe you have a fake one)

She saw a scratch on my hand... "Do you need a boo-boo buddy to make it feel better?"

Mommy: "Kaylyn you were such a good girl today. Thank you for being so good."
Kaylyn: "Tell Santa I want a doll house."

Poopy diaper...
Grammy: "Oooh, you're stinky!"
Kaylyn: "I smell delicious!!"

Outside in the snow...
Kaylyn: "Daddy, here's some snow for you!"
Daddy: "Oh, I don't want any snow right now." (he was shoveling the driveway for the 10000th time)
Kaylyn, holding out her hands to catch the falling snow: "Daddy, there's PLENTY!"

Trying to sing "Jingle Bells"...
"Tinker bells, tinker bells, tinker all the waaaaaaaaay!!!"

Kaylyn was watching me as I used the bathroom...
Kaylyn: "Good job Mommy! You went pee-pee in the potty!"

When the Boy Scouts came by to pick up/recycle our Christmas tree...
(sobbing) “My Christmas tree! My Christmas tree! They’re taking it! BRING IT BACK! I want my tree!”

Watching Toy Story #2...
Mommy: “Kaylyn, who’s Jack’s owner?"
Kaylyn: “Mommy.”
Mommy: “Who’s Kaylyn’s owner?"
Kaylyn: “Mommy and Daddy.”
Mommy: “Who’s Mommy’s owner?"
Kaylyn: “Daddy.”
Mommy: “Who’s Daddy’s owner?"
Kaylyn: “Daddy’s work.”

She’s also very into commercials now. Almost everything gets an “oooh wow! Mommy LOOK!" But my favorite is when the Charmin commercials come on. She knows we use that type of toilet paper because of the big bear on the packaging. So when the bear comes on the TV she exclaims:
"OOOOH TOILET PAPER!!! Mommy – it’s for YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow....that is too funny! I love the one about daddy's owner! She's a smart one. Great for you to do this. I think it's a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete