(Warning: This post is a little gross. Those of you with "weak stomachs" might want to skip it!)
Kaylyn has a weak stomach. I'm not exactly sure where she gets it from, because neither Chris or I have this problem.
I first noticed it several months ago when Kaylyn was observing me feed Jack his first bites of baby food. When babies are first learning how to eat, most of what goes into their mouths comes right back out. So as I was feeding Jack his food, he'd spit some back out. Kaylyn would laugh, then gag. Jack would spit out more food. Kaylyn would laugh. Then she would gag. I was a bit concerned, but thought it was a little funny too.
Then a week or so ago we were at Grammy's house and a family friend had her baby there. The baby had a bit of an upset stomach and spit out some formula. Kaylyn saw this, and of course, she gagged.
Yesterday, Grammy went to check Jack's diaper and came out with a little more than what she expected to on her fingers. Kaylyn gags. (Ok, so I've had this happen to me too and I'll admit, I've come close to gagging too! But it wasn't like it was on HER fingers!)
Today when Kaylyn and I got up, we went in to get Jack out of his crib. He had these big, green boogers all over his face (I know, GROSS, but the poor kid is really sick with a cold). Kaylyn exclaims, "What's THAT on Jackie's face??" "Oh, he has some boogies, I'll get a tissue," I explained.
As I walked into the bedroom to get a tissue, Kaylyn followed me in there, and as I turned around *bluhhhh* she pukes on the floor! She smiles at me and says, "I'm ok!" Uh huh.
We go back into Jack's room, I start to wipe the snot from Jack's face, and she throws up AGAIN! This time on my FOOT! ("I'm ok Mommy...I'm ok." Thank goodness I'm not the one with a weak stomach!)
This coming from a girl who thinks her poop smells "delicious." Uh huh.
No comments:
Post a Comment