As I've mentioned before, Jack is quite the food monger. He will eat ANYTHING. Which, for a parent, is a really good thing. Especially since we already have one kid who's quite the picky eater.
I've always been pretty slow at introducing solids, however. Afraid of allergies, or choking, I introduce one type of food at a time, with a few days in between. And of course everything is pureed or very small, soft bites.
Well, I think Jack has other things in mind now. He wants food -- REAL food.
Yesterday, as we were out to lunch with Grammy, I ordered a salad with crispy chicken on top. As our server placed my plate in front of me, Jack reaches out, grabs a big piece of the chicken, and SHOVES it into his mouth. I didn't even have time to react, he was so quick!
So I decided to see what he'd do with it, and sure enough, he chewed it up and swallowed, no problem. Kaylyn wouldn't have even eaten a piece that big!
I guess I can stop feeding him the pureed baby food now.
No comments:
Post a Comment