Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sometimes I'm such a dork

Jack is in the "cruising" stage now, where he pulls himself up to a standing position on anything he can get his hands on. A lot of times, unfortunately, this means falling, getting fingers stuck, knocking things over, etc.

So this morning I ran downstairs to get some clothes, and of course Jack had to fall down while I was away. I rushed back up to see him lying on his back a little bit "stuck" between the baby gate and Kaylyn's doll house. I picked him up, comforted him, made sure nothing was broken and we went about getting ready for the day.

About an hour or so later, I noticed a bruise on his forehead. "Poor baby!" I was thinking...he must have bonked himself when he fell on the baby gate. I showed the bruise to Chris later in the afternoon, told him what happened, blah blah blah.

Well, as I was sitting here at the computer just now, waiting for the previous post's video to load, I looked at his "bruise" a little closer. I started scraping at it, and realized it wasn't a bruise at all. It was caked-on blueberry yogurt from his breakfast this morning.

Yes, I am a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment