This morning Kaylyn woke up to Chris's alarm clock at 5:00 a.m., so I got her some milk and we snuggled for a bit. We had some funny conversations while we were lying there...
Kaylyn: "What's that sound?"
Me: "It was a cat."
Kaylyn: "No, that's not a cat. That's a car...with peoples."
Me: "A car with peoples? Are they going to work?"
Kaylyn: "Noooo, they not going to work..they're going home. Daddy goes to work!"
Me: "Oh, so only Daddy goes to work, and the peoples stay home?"
Kaylyn: "Uh huh!!"
A few minutes later, she hears Chris open the refrigerator door...
Kaylyn: "Daddy's getting the pizza. He's taking it to work, he's going to eat it."
Me: "That's right, he is getting the pizza! You're so smart."
Kaylyn: "Daddy likes a BIG piece. I like the little piece. The big piece makes me sick."
And another few minutes later, she hears a cat outside the door...
Kaylyn: "That's Willow! She's at the door! She's scratching on it."
Me: "Yeah, she wants in."
Kaylyn: "Willow's scratching on the door...She wants to wake us up! That's silly!...I'm going to go see Willow."
Me: "No, let's go back to sleep, it's still dark outside."
Kaylyn: "Ok..." She starts rubbing my arm... "I love you Mommy....snuggle me Mama..." *snore, snore, snore*
No comments:
Post a Comment