We stayed at a nice RV resort on the Icicle River. It was very family-friendly, with lots of kids running around. Kaylyn and Jackson had so much fun just running around outside in the play field they had there. Kaylyn also loved to go down to the river and throw rocks and sticks. We were lucky to have 80 degree weather the entire time too!
We are so glad we finally bought the trailer. We basically tormented ourselves over whether to get it or not, unsure if we could afford it, but after this trip we are SO GLAD we didn't wait another summer.
We can't wait for our next trip to Grayland, WA -- on the ocean. We'll be taking the dogs this time...that will be interesting.
As usual, I took a bazillion pictures, so here are my favorites (all 35 of them...).
Kaylyn ready to go sleep for the first time in our trailer.
Jack's ready to go to bed too.
Woody is having a fun time camping as well!
Chris standing in front of our queen bed.
This is the back bunk. We used the upper bunk to store food and diapers (there aren't a lot of cupboards in our trailer). Jack slept in the bottom bunk. I slept with him the first night because I was afraid he'd fall out. The bunk was so uncomfortable and I got no sleep! But Jack loved it and he did just fine, so the other 2 nights I just laid next to him until he fell asleep (he wanted to climb out). The queen bed is MUCH more comfy.
Kaylyn and I standing in the dining/kitchen area. The bathroom is in back of us. We have a nice shower back there with a tub to bathe the kids.
One of the retailers in town told me about a petting farm down the road from Leavenworth. We took the kids there the 2nd day. It was a blast! I think Jack looks like a little model in this picture. If only he'd lose that darned binky.
Jack sitting on the tractor.
Here we are at the petting farm. I've never seen such a tiny cow before.
Kaylyn, Daddy, and Jackson feeding the cows and goats.
Kaylyn feeding the goats.
When Kaylyn saw this goat, she screamed in delight, "It's Billy Goat Gruff!!! It's Billy Goat Gruff!!!" I think she is right, it IS Billy Goat Gruff!
This was my favorite groups of animals, the donkeys and the llamas. The donkey up front kept kicking the bucket indicating he wanted some food. I spent a lot of time feeding them -- the llamas have the funniest mouths. There were signs posted up all over saying "Sorry if the llamas spit on you if they don't get their way." I never got spat on, so I guess they liked me (phew!).
Kaylyn feeding the donkey.
Jack looks like such a BOY in this picture! He's growing up fast.
Jack loves to go on the swing!
Jack wasn't too sure about the tire swing. Once we stopped them, he decided to get off of it on his own and fell into the mud pit below.
Yep...just waiting to leave... Kaylyn started crying 1/2 way through. I don't think we'll try to do any more cow trains (she rode on one last Halloween and she cried on that one, too).
No comments:
Post a Comment