The other night I went to snuggle with Kaylyn and she pushed me away and said, "NO!" So I pretended to cry a little...
Mommy: "Boo-hoo-hoo, boo-hoo-hoo..."
Kaylyn (putting her arms around me): "Don't cry Mommy, it's ok. I've got you, I've got you. I love you Mommy."
Mommy: "Boo-hoo-hoo, boo-hoo-hoo..."
Kaylyn: "It's ok darling, it's ok darling."
Mommy (trying not to laugh): "Boo-hoo-hoo, I'm still sad."
Kaylyn (stroking my hair): "Don't be sad Joey. It's ok Joey."
She also gets very concerned if anyone gets hurt. I told her that Jack had bit me the other night. She says, "Oh no! Can I see it? You'll be ok, Mommy. It'll be alright."
And I have to add one more... Last night Jack bit me again (this has been an ongoing issue, so I'm trying new tactics to get him to stop). So I firmly said to Jack, "Don't bite Jack! That HURTS!" Kaylyn then says to me, "Mommy, don't yell at your son."
Do you suppose she takes after Grammy?
ReplyDeleteHow sweet is that!
ReplyDelete