Monday, May 25, 2009

A little privacy, please

In a new attempt at potty training, we now have a giant jar of M&M's on the counter, a reward for Kaylyn if she uses the potty.

Well she saw the jar for the first time yesterday, as my mom had brought it over while we were camping this weekend. She took one look and screamed "WOW! I want that! I want the M&M's!"

I told her those were only for when she used the potty. "I need to go potty RIGHT NOW!" she exclaimed.

So I took her to the bathroom, got the potty chair up on the toilet and set her down. Then she looks at me, holds out her hand like you would if you wanted someone to stop, and says, "Close the door -- I need my priceaffy!" "Your what?" I asked. "My priceaffy," she whispered. Then I figured it out: "Oooooh, you want your privacy!"

So I shut the door -- "All the way Mommy!" -- and listened to her *tinkle tinkle*. She then hopped off the toilet, screaming "I did it! I did it! I get my M&M now! I want my M&M RIGHT NOW!!!"

I think there will be a lot of M&M's in our future...

No comments:

Post a Comment