I can't even count how many times I've heard that... They grow up so fast. It's so true! And you really can't understand that until you have your own kids.
Jack is turning from a baby into a kid. He gives me his arm to put his jacket on. He sits down and holds up his feet to put on his socks and shoes. He loves to grab my hairbrush and brush his own hair. He has a couple of words, but mainly lots of words we really can't understand. But he's communicating. And he is ALL BOY. He sits on the floor and pushes his trucks back and forth. He loves balls. And when you tell him to "go get his sissy" he goes running after her and tackles her to the floor.
Then there's my girly-girl Kaylyn. She loves having her nails painted. When the paint starts chipping off, she tells me she needs another manicure. Her newest pampering obsession though is a "hand scrub." I'm sure many of you ladies have done the "Satin Hands" from Mary Kay. Well I do my own version of it. And Kaylyn now wants to do it EVERY night. But hey, at least my hands look really nice!
There are days when I say things like, "I can't wait for Jack to do ____" or "I wonder when Kaylyn will be able to do _____" Then I catch myself and think -- don't ask those questions. Just try and focus on the here and now. Don't make them grow up any faster than they already are...
No comments:
Post a Comment