Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun day

Yesterday was a really fun day. Chris had the day off, and we had our carpets professionally cleaned in the morning, so we had a perfect excuse to get out of the house while the carpets dried.

First we went to Toys R Us. Of course, what's NOT fun about Toys R Us?! Kaylyn tried out a few bikes (she's almost ready for one), we looked at swing sets, bought the kids a few toys, and managed to leave only spending $100. (Which is actually pretty good considering Chris was there. If he had been on his own the total easily would have been twice that amount!)

Then we headed to the mall and decided to eat lunch at The Rainforest Cafe, since we'd never been there. What a cool place! We got a table right next to a fish tank and next to the life-like gorillas. Jack was so fascinated when the gorillas turned on that he barely ate! Or maybe it was that the food really wasn't that good...but still, it was fun!

I then headed to Victoria's Secret while Chris walked around the mall with the kids. I don't shop there often, so it's always a treat! Especially when I had a coupon for a free panty and $10 off my purchase. I ended up finding a great bra...and let's just say "the girls" won't look like they're going to fall to the floor any more! Yippee!

We headed home so the kids could nap. Then when they were up we went outside to play for a while. Chris and Kaylyn played with the kids' new t-ball toy, and even finished up some gardening for me that I wasn't able to finish last week.

Then Kaylyn wanted to ride her tricycle, so we put Jack in the wagon and walked over to a little neighborhood park near us. Kaylyn is so cute at the park. She doesn't care what age kids are there, she just wants to be involved with whatever is going on. Of course she spent most of her time in the swing, trying to touch the clouds and the birds and the planes...

We finally left to go home and have dinner, a gourmet meal of corn dogs and tator tots...then we had a fun bath...and after Jack went to bed I painted Kaylyn's nails a pretty sparkly pink.

And to top off the night, it was the American Idol results show and no one had to go home this week.... so yes, it was a fun and happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! No family ever deserved a fun day more - I'm happy for you guys.

    You know what I was thinking today, Jo? That us having blogs and commenting on each others' blogs is like passing notes in class. Which means we've been doing this for 20 years. ;-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete