Mommy gorilla and her baby
Gorilla fact: Social grooming can relax a gorilla to the point that it will go into a trance...(you are getting verrrrrry sleeeeeeeepy...)
Tiger fact: Tigers fail at least 90% of the time in catching prey during hunts
This picture was actually taken through the glass in the viewing area. My camera is so good, you would think I was standing right next to him!
Bear fact: The claws of a brown bear can reach almost 5 inches long

The bears can smell their treats are coming!
The bears can smell their treats are coming!
Bear fact: The bear's sense of smell is much more acute than its hearing and sight
PEEPS fact: It would take over 172 million PEEPS bunnies end-to-end to circle the moon
Bear fact: A bear can run at bursts of speed of up to 30 miles per hour
Bear fact: "...is that they can be sweet as honey, sometimes you'll find they might be just plain funny..."
Kaylyn loves the new "mingo" exhibit.
Flamingo fact: Their pink or reddish color comes from the rich sources of carotenoid pigments (like the pigments of carrots) in the algae and small crustaceans that the birds eat

This beautiful peacock loved showing off his feathers!
Peacock fact: Peacocks prefer peace and harmony and will try to avoid commotion

Zebra fact: While several attempts have been made over the last two centuries, zebras have never been successfully domesticated
Zebra fact: While several attempts have been made over the last two centuries, zebras have never been successfully domesticated
Hippo fact: Hippos can open their mouths up to 150 degrees wide

The coolest thing about this picture is that this is taken THROUGH the fence. Have I mentioned how much I love my camera?
The coolest thing about this picture is that this is taken THROUGH the fence. Have I mentioned how much I love my camera?
Giraffe fact: Giraffes have the largest eyes of any land mammal

Lion fact: A single lion needs approximately 10-20 large animals per year to sustain it

Hmmmm...I wonder if this is "tasty"?!
Lion fact: A single lion needs approximately 10-20 large animals per year to sustain it
Hmmmm...I wonder if this is "tasty"?!
Elephant fact: A trunk weighs about 400 pounds, can hold up to 2.5 gallons of water, contains at least 40,000 muscles (possibly up to 100,000) and is so dexterous that it can pick up a grain of rice

Siamang (SEE-uh-mang) monkey
Siamang (SEE-uh-mang) monkey
Orangutan fact: An orangutan can make a mask of small branches to protect its face while raiding honey bee nests
You have such an awesome knack for this - the photography AND the commentary. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove the random comments! I kept hoping that you'd make up some silly ones though...
ReplyDelete