Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Today my parents are celebrating their 42nd wedding anniversary!

I don't think I could say enough nice things about my parents. They are the best. I know sometimes I don't act like that's how I feel, but I am a brat sometimes. Ok, a brat a lot of the time.

But seriously, I can't imagine life without them, especially since we've had kids. They do so much for us. More than they should, even! My mom is usually here at the drop of a hat, for anything that we need.

If I need a break from the kids, just to do some laundry and clean the house, she's here. If I want to take Kaylyn to a play date, Mom is here to watch Jackson. Or if I need help with the kids at a doctor's appointment, she's there to help (and take us out to lunch afterward!). And a lot of the time they stop by just for fun. And boy do the kids have fun when they are here!

My mom has told me numerous times how she talks to people who tell her how lucky she is to be close to her grandchildren. I agree, my parents are lucky to get to spend so much time with their grand kids.

But the luckiest of all...are Kaylyn and Jackson. They are SO lucky and blessed to have such wonderful grandparents in their lives. Their faces light up when Grammy and Poppa walk in the room. They cry when Grammy and Poppa leave. Kaylyn wants to call Grammy on the phone, just to tell her she loves her.

Grandparents are special people. I was lucky enough to know most of my grandparents, but didn't really have a chance to really know them until I became an adult. I so wish I had had the opportunity to know them, play with them, just spend more time with them when I was a child. I realize more than ever these days you can't make up for lost time. I'm just so glad my kids won't ever have to feel that way, that they get to experience the love and attention from their grandparents their entire lives.

Happy Anniversary Grammy and Poppa. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Kaylyn and Jack told their Mom some heart-warming messages to write in Grammy and Poppa's anniversary card.

    Kaylyn says, "I love my Grammy. I love my Poppa. I love Maggie. I love Mommy. I love my brother Jack. I love my Dad. I love Ravie and Doh-Doh. I want ice cream at your house. Happy Day!"

    Jack says..."Buh!"

    Thanks, kids. We enjoyed dinner and playing at your house for our anniversary.

    Love,

    Poppa

    ReplyDelete