Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grayland, WA

So I'm finally getting around to posting pics from our latest camping adventure to Grayland, WA.

We had a great time, despite the weather being less than wonderful. But being at the ocean I guess you can't really expect much...other than that it was 79 degrees the day before we got there and bright and sunny the day we left. Typical.

This time we took the dogs and it really was a lot of fun having them there. They really did a lot better than we expected them to. They were no trouble at all. Our couch potato Dozer was not a happy camper by the last day -- I think he got more exercise in those 3 days than he has the entire year! So he was limping quite bad and didn't want to come out of his crate.

He also got quite a bad "hot spot" under his collar. Note: leather collars and salt water do not mix! So I had to take "Doh-Doh" to the vet yesterday to get shaved and on some meds. Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

I also have to remember that next time we take an ocean trip that I need to take my old camera as well. It was so windy that I couldn't risk taking my good camera down to the ocean. Even one grain of sand in my lens could damage it, so I have no pictures of us actually at the ocean. But the kids had a blast playing in their infinite sand box, flying their kites, and trying to run into the water.







The kids having fun with their sidewalk chalk.





"Ravie" wants to play.


"Doh-Doh" hiding in his crate, not wanting to play.












Jackson is obsessed with brooms and mops. And I mean OBSESSED! I can't wait for him to be able to clean the floors in my house!




Jackson running away with the broom!



No comments:

Post a Comment