Kaylyn was SO excited...she got to see DORA and BOOTS! We stood in line for an hour or more, but I have to say it was worth it. Kaylyn ran up to Dora and gave her a HUGE hug! She's still talking about it.
I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are the ones I did take.
Poppa and Kaylyn waiting in line to see Dora.
Jack and Daddy.
Still waiting in line to see Dora...
FINALLY! We made it!
The kids loved playing the musical instrument made up of all sorts of crazy things.
After the kids had been on some rides, we had seen Dora, had lunch, and seen a lot of animals and some other exhibits, Poppa got "lost" for awhile (separated from the rest of the family), causing some consternation among the adults.
ReplyDeleteAfter Poppa had been found and the kids were tired, we returned to the car and were preparing to head home.
Poppa asked Kaylyn: "What did you like best about the fair?"
Kaylyn: "I got to see Dora!"
After a pause, Kaylyn added, in a serious tone: "Poppa, you ruined the fair."
Poppa looked hurt and pretended to cry quietly.
Kaylyn: "I'm sorry . . . I'm sorry."
Poppa continued to cry quietly.
Kaylyn (smiling): "You're just faking it!"
Kaylyn still says you ruined the fair because you walked away. Way to go, Poppa.
ReplyDelete