We go through this at least once a year. Kaylyn gets it first, then me, then Chris. Luckily Jack got vaccinated for it (the vaccine wasn't out yet when Kaylyn was born so she wasn't able to get it). Whoever says vaccines are crap...well, let me tell you about crap. All I can say is having ONE person in this house not have this is worth all the pokes in the world!! And hey, at least this vaccine ISN'T a poke -- it's a little tube of liquid they just squirt into their mouths.
I'm so glad Kaylyn is over it. The poor thing had the rawest bottom imaginable. Chris and I would just be beside ourselves every time we'd have to clean her. She would plead and cry, "Don't touch my butt. Please, PLEASE, just don't touch it!" It was the saddest thing.
I have only one funny story to share (as this is NOT a laughing matter!). As we went to bed tonight, Chris was complaining about how much pain he was in.
Daddy: "Oh my gosh, I hurt so bad."
Mommy: "Do you want to go to the ER?"
Daddy: "No."
Mommy: "Do you want to go to Urgent Care?"
Daddy: "No."
Kaylyn: "Do you want to go eat worms?"
Yes, yes...worms...why didn't I think of that?!
Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,
Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.
Down goes the first one,
Down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
Feel better now??
No comments:
Post a Comment