Ok, so it wasn't that bad of a swear word. But the fact that she said it in the correct context of swearing is what made me sad. And she did it TWICE today! Her innocence is gone!!!! LOL!
She was playing with an empty wrapping paper roll -- it was her "telescope" to look for "treasures," of course. Well, she bent it a little too much and it ripped. So she says: "Gosh dang, it's broken. I need a new one. Gosh dang!"
I was good and didn't make a big deal out of it. It was actually funny, but I knew if I laughed it'd be her new catch phrase for the next month.
Then later today she was eating a popsicle and got some on her shirt. She says: "Oh, I'm all messy! Oh dang. My shirt is alllll messy!"
So, I guess it could have been way worse... And I suppose that must mean that Chris and I have been good about not swearing with worse swear words than that!
When I asked her who she learned those words from however, she firmly stated: "Grammy!" Thanks a lot, Mom. ;-)
Kaylyn must have heard this from someone else. I doubt that Grammy has ever said "gosh dang."
ReplyDeleteYes, I know, Grammy uses much worse words than that!
ReplyDeleteI hope and pray that's all my son learns from my in-laws. :) They live on the edge of Alberta oil country. A little rough up there.
ReplyDelete