Sunday, February 8, 2009

I love my family

I really, really love my family. I think about this every day, how incredibly lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband and awesome kids. I don't know how Chris and I managed to produce such adorable kids in the first place! But the fact that they are so sweet too is what's really amazing.

I really love first thing in the morning, when Kaylyn is so excited to see me when she wakes up. She (usually) has this big smile on her face, like she just can't wait to see what we're going to do today. And when Jack wakes up, she goes running into his room saying, "Jackie's waking up! Jackie's waking up! HI LITTLE MAN!!" Then she wants into his crib so she can give him the biggest bear-hug imaginable.

The other day I had both kids napping in my bed. Despite my best efforts to keep him safe, Jack managed to roll off the bed onto the floor. I heard this "thud" so I ran in there to find him face down on the floor. I picked him up to comfort him, make sure he wasn't hurt, etc. Of course Kaylyn woke up to his screaming, so I laid Jack on the bed in between us. Kaylyn started rubbing his arm, saying, "It's ok Little Man...I got you...Don't cry Jackie...I love you." All the while planting little kisses all over his face. Oh my gosh, how much sweeter could she be?

And Jack had his constant moments of sweetness too. I love it when he's across the room playing with his toys, and he'll look over at me, stop playing, crawl to me, and put his little head on my shoulder to give me a hug. And his kisses are so sweet! He looks up at me, puckers up, and plants them right on my lips! (Sometimes he manages to slip me the tongue however -- ick!!)

All I can think is I must have done something right in my life to be blessed with this incredible family of mine!

1 comment: