I had my first ultrasound today! The best news by far is that there is only ONE baby in there. Phew! But of course the really important part was seeing a heartbeat and that the baby is the right size for how far along we are. Due date is 9/26, but we'll be scheduling a c-section well before that.
So for those of you who may be wondering... No, this was not planned. Yes yes yes...we know how babies are made. And you know how everyone says it only takes ONE TIME to get pregnant? Well, apparently that's TRUE *gasp*! But, everything happens for a reason, so we are really looking at this as a blessing, something that was meant to be. And after the shock wore off, we've really gotten excited about it.
Of course having 3 kids under 3 is going to be a bit rough/insane/chaotic/impossible at times, but I'm sure we'll get a routine going. And we'll be buying a new house in 2-3 years (yay yay yay!!!). And mini-vans are looking more and more attractive to me...yikes!
We've also decided not to find out the sex of the baby this time. That's if I don't break down at our ultrasound or try and sneak a peek! I think it's going to be fun to be surprised. And Chris will get to go out to the waiting room and announce: "It's a ____!" How cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment