So this past weekend we did a 180 on our house. The kids each have their own bedroom downstairs, our bedroom is now in the basement, our master bedroom is now a play room, and the nursery is now a guest room/diaper changing room. Then we'll put a crib in our room for baby on the way.
Chris worked his butt off on this for about 2-3 weeks. It was a lot of work, let me tell you! But it is SO cool! And it's so nice to walk into our living room and see NO TOYS!!!
Kaylyn has even been sleeping in her OWN BED in her OWN ROOM! We still have to lay on the floor next to her until she falls asleep, but she sleeps the whole night in her bed. Yay!
This morning she actually got up before Jack and I were up. She went upstairs and I hear this, "Mommy? Mommy, where are you? Mommy? Where are you Mommy?" So I grab Jack and run up there, thinking she was going to be upset. But she was totally fine. She says to me, "Mommy, I was in the play room looking for you!" Today we're going to buy another baby gate for the bottom of the stairs, so if she wakes up before me she won't be able to go upstairs.
So at least this will buy us a little time before we need to buy a new house. We should have thought of this a long time ago though!
No comments:
Post a Comment