Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Packages

Kaylyn LOVES to get packages. Every day when I bring in the mail, she asks, "Is there a package?" If there is an envelope that's even slightly larger than normal, she gets all excited: "Is that a package for ME?!"

So today she DID get a package. A big box from Pop-Pop Dan and Grammy Lori. She knows when she gets a box from them, that it means GOOD STUFF.

As luck would have it, the package arrived right before nap time. I told her we would open it after nap. She reluctantly went to bed...but she would not stop talking about that box!

"Grammy Lori always sends me the best stuff...I wonder if there are toys in there?...Maybe she sent Jack a new truck!...Oh Mommy I can't WAIT to open that box!...Is nap time over yet?"

Needless to say, she never did take a nap. I gave up after about 30 minutes of nonstop talking about that box.

And yes, there were toys....the BEST TOY SHE'S EVER GOTTEN! (According to her...but of course everything she gets from Grammy Lori is the best toy ever!) A Sleeping Beauty doll to go with her Ariel doll.

I don't know what we we do without our Grammies and Poppas... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment