Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Charades

Jack's speech has greatly improved over the past few months. He is now putting 3-4 word sentences together, and his understanding of his "world" is all coming together. He likes to talk to people on the phone, he is able to express his emotions better, and he gets "humor" now.

However he still has trouble pronouncing a lot of words. He TRIES so hard though, so I have to give him credit for that! But what's so great is that he KNOWS that we can't always understand him.

He's getting really great at the game of charades. Tonight he was upset about something Raven did, but he just kept saying, "Yay-Yay bluh, Yay-Yay bluh!" I couldn't for the life of me figure out what "bluh" could possibly mean.

So when I told him that I didn't understand, he went over and picked up a hairbrush that was on the floor, then pretended to chew on it. He again said, "Yay-Yay" and pretended to chew on the brush.

What he was trying to tell me, of course, was that Raven had been chewing on the hairbrush!

Smart boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment