We have a game that we play called "Sucker!" Basically it involves saying something like, "Kaylyn, what's all over your shirt?" which makes her look, then we say "Sucker!"
Kaylyn has gotten very good at this game herself. Too good, in fact.
I had taken the kids outside to play on the swing set. Kaylyn was swinging and we were just talking about "stuff," when she very calmly (and convincingly) said, "Mommy, there's a bee on you."
Being deathly afraid of bees, I started frantically looking all over myself to shoo it away.
Kaylyn just giggled and said..."Sucker!"
Saturday at the beach Kaylyn and I were sitting at the picnic table. I looked past her toward the trees and said, “Kaylyn, is that a moose?”
ReplyDeleteShe turned her head to look, and I quietly said, “sucker.”
She was a bit surprised, smiled, and asked, “where’d you get that?”
Much later, down near the water, I said “Kaylyn, is that a dolphin on the dock?”
This time she didn’t look, but replied “there’s no dolphins here.”