Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another loss

My Grandma "Kitty" passed away tonight. She was 93 years old. We knew her time was coming...she had been suffering for quite some time.

I know a lot of friends who lost their grandparents many many years ago. I feel very fortunate that I had mine in my life for as long as I did.

My Grandma Gigi, who passed away in October, took me under her wing when I was at college in Bellingham. She took me places, fed me, let me do my laundry at her place. She was like my second mom.

I also had the chance to get to know my Grandma Kitty better when I lived with her and my grandfather for 10 months when I was 26. I paid her a very small rent so I could save up money to buy a condo. When I did buy my condo, she gave me all the money I had paid in rent back to put toward my condo. That was probably one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for me.

I am sure she is in heaven now, talking with my Grandma Gigi about the beautiful great-grandchildren they helped create. I am so happy that they both had the chance to meet my kids. My grandmothers absolutely adored them, and of course the feeling was quite mutual.

1 comment:

  1. Much love to you and your family. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person. That picture is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete