Chris and I safely made it home from our Vegas vacation on Friday. We had a great time enjoying time together, watching shows that don't involve cartoon characters, going to bed when we wanted and waking up when we wanted, eating lots of food, doing lots of shopping... It's pretty amazing how different it is doing all these things WITHOUT KIDS! Not to say we didn't miss them -- we did -- but it was certainly nice to have a few days doing things on our schedule.
The kids had a great time while we were away, staying at Grammy and Poppa's house. We were glad that everyone was still alive and kicking when we got home (especially Grammy and Poppa!). I don't think the kids even missed us much. One time I called and Kaylyn wouldn't take 30 seconds to talk to me, she was too busy doing something with Poppa. But it was also nice to know that they were having fun and not crying for Mommy and Daddy the whole time.
Now we are looking forward to our camping trips starting next month!
P.S. The best part about our vacation was seeing the Terry Fator show. Absolutely the best show we've ever seen! I've never laughed so hard in my life. What a great performer. A must-see if any of you plan to go to Vegas!
No comments:
Post a Comment